Sunday 2 May 2010

Let the De- Gumming commence!!

I don't know what it is about Bank holidays, but I always feel a need to do something completely random. In today's case because I know I have tomorrow off I decided to try my hand at de- gumming some silk co-coons that I'd recently bought on Ebay.

I've never actually done this before, but after buying some hand dyed degummed cocoons at Wonderwool I thought what the hell!

I found a really good tutorial for de-gumming cocoons on a website called pamdeluco.com so I've now set off on it and their on the hob as I type.

Here's a current up to the moment picture of what they are looking like so far..



Now according to the tutorial, it may take 30 mins to de-gum or 2 hours or even longer!! it really depends on what the species of the silk, to which I currently have no idea what mine are, oh well I didn't really have any plans for tonight anyway!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment